user: pass:
prev. | next | track | email | print
Call for Zoo Photos
Kees

Posted: Apr 1 2008, 09:32 AM
The RRC aims to include a photograph of every rhinoceros ever kept in a zoological garden.
Staff of many zoological gardens have already made important contributions and their work is shown in the image gallery.
We still look for additional pictures, especially showing rhinos (all species) in Europe and Asia.
You can help by sending items as jpg to the editor of the website - please include information to identifiy the individual in the picture.
Many thanks for all help.

--------------------
Kees Rookmaaker
DZiegler

Posted: Apr 3 2008, 01:07 AM
I don't see any photos from the Milwaukee Zoo. They have had black, white and indian rhinos. I talked to the local newspaper photo archives staff, photos are available. It would be a good idea to coordinate with the zoo for identifications and permission. Can you assist by contacting the zoo's public affairs officer?
adam

Posted: Apr 3 2008, 02:25 AM
If you go to the Rhino Images section and then search for Milwaukee Zoo you will see three photos, two from 2007. They have two black rhinos and the information regarding these two particular animals are found with the photos.
DZiegler

Posted: Apr 3 2008, 09:35 AM
Any interest in posting the historical photos?
Kees

Posted: Apr 3 2008, 09:44 AM
Historical photos are always welcome, especially when we could work out which individual animal is shown. Or sometimes when the rhino is shown with a historical building. It is best to send jpg's to me in an email.

--------------------
Kees Rookmaaker
Kees

Posted: Apr 3 2008, 09:47 AM
Further to Adam's post, the help and cooperation of members of the International Rhino Keeper Association has been great and much appreciated. Many rhino keepers, especially in the USA, have made sure that we have pictures of many of the rhinos now seen in the zoos. We will continue to try to find more pictures. We have had some good help also from people in Europe, but we would still like to see more of the animals to be included in the image gallery. We would also like input from Japan, China and other Asian countries.

--------------------
Kees Rookmaaker
DZiegler

Posted: Apr 4 2008, 12:28 AM
How do you want to proceed? My suspicion is an IRF Officer should contact the Milwaukee Zoo for historical photos. I can search the Milw Journal Sentinel Photo archives, but zoo or zoological society staff input maybe necessary for accurate identifications. This effort may require some coordination and cooperation.
Kees

Posted: Apr 30 2008, 10:14 AM
All types of photos, both historical and current, would be much appreciated.

--------------------
Kees Rookmaaker

[ Home ][ Literature ][ Rhino Images ][ Rhino Forums ][ Rhino Species ][ Links ][ About V2.0]