user: pass:
prev. | next | track | email | print
what else can I be doing?
kim0226

New User

Posted: Mar 31 2008, 08:42 AM
I have the same old problem that everyone encounters...I want to be a rhino keeper, but no one will hire me without experience, but if you can't get a job, how can you get experience?

My question is what advice do you have to help this situation? I am currently a keeper and have 4 1/2 years, but minimal rhino experience. Is there something I can be doing or somewhere I can get involved with that looks good on a resume and will give me that edge to be a good candidate for hire?

I do know about the rhino keeper workshop that will be taking place at Busch Gardens in 2009, but until that time, what else can I be doing?

Any suggestions will be appreciated! tongue.gif
DZiegler

Posted: Apr 2 2008, 12:11 AM
I believe Fossil Rim has a rhino intern program. I am not sure that's what your looking for, but the training (from their website) appears to be unique and focused entirely on black rhinos. I hope that helps.
kim0226

New User

Posted: Apr 3 2008, 09:09 PM
I'll definitely look into that. Thanks!
Rhinoprotector

New User

Posted: Jun 21 2008, 07:12 PM
What you can do is study rhinos by books, Internet, or if you own a Zoo Tycoon game play that so you can learn and interact with 3-D rhinos (Black Rhino and White Rhino)

--------------------
Peace to animals

[ Home ][ Literature ][ Rhino Images ][ Rhino Forums ][ Rhino Species ][ Links ][ About V2.0]