user: pass:
prev. | next | track | email | print
Videofilm needed for research
RhinoResearch

New User

Posted: Jan 30 2008, 12:50 AM
I am a graduate student with the Paleobiology Research Group of the University of Portsmouth, located in the United Kingdom. I am currently studying for an MSc equivalent degree investigating reproduction in extinct archosaurs which will in part both review and attempt to reconstruct behaviour of certain dinosaurs using a combination of extant phylogenetic bracketing and comparisons to specific types of living animals.

In that respect I have been seeking explicit videofilm detailing, in this particular case, rhinoceros sexual behaviour to be used strictly for comparative purposes and possible reconstructive models. I am in particular interested in any and all examples of preferably videofilmed behaviour that explicitly details the mechanics of rhinoceros copulation, by which I mean the entire act (mounting, insertion and penetration, intromission, dismount) which might be used as a comparison as to whether such positioning and movement would have been feasible in similar large-sized extinct taxa.

In that respect, would it be possible for me to acquire from you duplicates of any graphic videofilm that might have been taken that fits the above noted parameters? Any information provided would be for comparative and research purposes only and of course would not be distributed or duplicated in ANY form without the consent of the copyright owner(s). I can be reached at ethologist@gmail.com or by mobile at 07840 294109.

Tim E Isles, BSc (Hnrs)
School of Earth & Environmental Sciences Burnaby Building, Burnaby Road University of Portsmouth Portsmouth
PO1 3QL
United Kingdom

[ Home ][ Literature ][ Rhino Images ][ Rhino Forums ][ Rhino Species ][ Links ][ About V2.0]