Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
Rhino Resource Center: Rhino Forums > Rhinos in Captivity > Breeding > Gestation

Posted by: housermk Jan 25 2008, 04:25 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can find information, even contact information, and images (possibly ultrasound) for the development of a Rhino embryo/fetus throughout the gestation?

Thank you so much,
Mary

Posted by: Willem Jan 25 2008, 04:55 PM
I bet the Cincinnati team has a lot of data on the embryo fetus devolopment in sumatran rhinos. They probably also have a lot of ultrasound images.

Also, the Rhino Keepers Association might be able to help. You could probably contact http://www.rhinoresourcecenter.com/index.php?s=1&act=Profile&CODE=03&MID=20 for more details.

What do you need the information for?

Posted by: housermk Jan 25 2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks so much!

I emailed the Cincinnati Zoo, asking for contact information for Dr. Terri Roth. I have yet to hear from them.

I will try the Rhino Keepers Association. THANKS!

I'm going to use the information for a design project, a timeline of the gestation. I would love to have high quality images, but I'm not sure how much the ultrasounds will even show me. I was hoping to find some images that used the 3D/4D ultrasonographic technique.

Posted by: Willem Jan 25 2008, 10:51 PM
Sounds interesting! Do you have a portfolio site? I don't know if ultrasound images are ever highres, but keep us posted om your progress. And please upload the end result.